Last October 23, several bloggers were invited to play bowling. I sign-up for it since I really love to bowl even if bowling doesn't like me. I love to play bowling when I was kid at Cubao with my cousins and I even remember asking my parents to enroll me for a bowling clinic. Going back to the event, I thought this will be just the usual bowling experience but I was surprised when the organizers sent us this video below:
Now, that interests me because it is bowling to the next level. I am really excited to try it out together with other bloggers. On the day of the event, I belong to Group H (I think) with Melody, Iris and Marnell. We were then briefed of what "Funky Bowling" is all about.
"Funky Bowling is a new and more fun style of bowling. Bowlers will be challenged to play differently as they will be given cards that would dictate how they are supposed to bowl for each frame."The Funky Bowling Cards contain the following instructions (and some videos from the event):
- Frame 1: Have someong stand in front of you, legs apart. Roll the ball through their legs.
- Frame 2: Wear the blindfold and use the ramp to bowl
- Frame 3: Bowl backwards between your legs
- Frame 4: Bowl while on your knees
- Frame 5: Bowl between your legs
- Frame 6: Spin in circles five times and then bowl immediately
- Frame 7: Sit indian style and roll the ball
- Frame 8: Sit on the floor and bowl by pushing the ball with your feet
- Frame 9: Lie down and bowl
- Frame 10: Moonwalk in slow motion then bowl immediately
- October 30, 2010 - SM Mall of Asia and SM City Fairview
- October 31, 2010 - SM North Edsa and SM City Cebu